Josiah Fricton, J.D.
Joe Fricton has a deep knowledge of both the business and legal issues facing dentists, and uses his knowledge to help dentists through the transition process.
Joe Fricton is uniquely qualified to represent dentists, as he has been surrounded by them his whole life. Both of Joe’s parents and several other family members are dentists, and he was the only kid growing up whose parents gave out toothbrushes for Halloween. Joe began his legal career as a law clerk for Judge Jill Halbrooks of the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
A Minnesota native, Joe attended the University of Iowa, and majored in History and Religious Studies. Joe has always wanted to help people, but also loved his humanities courses, so he chose law as a way to combine helping others.
Joe is known for listening intently to clients, taking the time to understand their questions and disputes, and fully engaging with the issues. He enjoys working with other attorneys and crafting strong arguments that encourage a fair course of action.
Joe and his wife Jenny have two boys, Lucas and Charlie. Joe is an active member of the Lake Harriet Yacht Club, and owns a sailboat that he races both on Lake Harriet and at numerous regattas in Iowa and Minnesota during the summer.
- William Mitchell College of Law (St. Paul, MN), Juris Doctor, magna cum laude
- University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA), B.A. History & Religious Studies
- William Mitchell College of Law Dean’s List
- Editor of the William Mitchell Law Review
- Author of “The Balance of Power: The Supreme Court’s Decision on Military Commissions and the Competing Interests in the War on Terror” published in the Journal for the National Security Forum
- Outstanding Achievement Award in Labor Law, Minnesota State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section
- CALI Highest Grade Award in Alternative Dispute Resolution, Labor Law, Worker’s Compensation, and National Security Law
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy-Deposition Skills
- Minnesota Court of Appeals, Law Clerk, Judge Jill Flaskamp Halbrooks
- Hennepin County Attorney’s Office, Law Clerk, Gang Division
- Tenth District Public Defender’s Office, Law Clerk
Admitted to Practice: Memberships
- State of Minnesota and U.S.District Court, Districts of Minnesota and Western Wisconsin American Bar Association, Minnesota State Bar Association, Hennepin County Bar Association.
Are you Ready to Acquire a
Reach your full potential. Use Minnesota Transitions to help find
the right dental practice.